What am I thankful for? Here is a list, in no particular order:
- my beautiful, smart, witty, forgiving and thoughtful wife. I am not worthy.
- my wonderful children. They are a joy.
- being more fortunate than most in the world by having freedoms including, but not limited to:
- not needing to worry where my next meal is coming from
- not needing to worry about agents of the Government, or local militia, or gangs, breaking into my home and taking my property or imprisoning me
- not needing to worry about where I am going to sleep tonight
- having a stable job that gives me the ability to use my talents for the betterment of my company, and by proxy, my community
- living in a country that was founded on the principles that the Governed are in charge of the Government, even though we forget that sometimes.
- My extended family… we are completely dysfunctional but I still love them all. I do wish that we spent more time together.
- having a few really good friends
- having learned that it is not as important what others think about you, but what you think about yourself
- having access to more information than any culture in the history of the planet and means to access it (mostly) easily
This is not a comprehensive list and I’m sure it isn’t completely unique. I hope everyone takes time today to recognize what they are thankful for.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone.