Time for something a little lighter… things that I am thankful for.
Every year we have the arbitrary day for taking stock of things we are thankful for. Here is the highlights (in no particular order):
- My wife. She is very supportive of nearly everything I do. She is my friend, my confidant, my support and the mother of my wonderful children. She is smart, sexy and a wonderful partner. I take her for granted too often.
- My children. I have the best kids ever. They are fun to be around and amazing to watch them grow. They are all a mix of my wife and I and yet completely unique in their own ways. They drive me nuts sometimes but I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
- Our form of government. I complain about our recent choices but we currently have a form of government that has withstood the test of time and as long as we don’t continue to give up our rights and can start to become less polarized we will continue to have an amazing framework for continuing to grow. I am hoping that this is a temporary blip and we will recognize the need to change things soon.
- My health. I’ve reached the age where I am noticing that I’m getting older. I still am in really great health, which is something that I can’t say for everyone else my age. I need to exercise a bit more but overall I can’t complain.
- Great friends. I have a close group of friends that have stuck with me through think and thin. I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to know and consider my friends. Even though not all of us live close, technology has made it incredibly easy to keep up with them on an almost daily basis.
This is just the surface of what I’m thankful for. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving